Saturday, June 7, 2008

There wasn't much to be decided after college. I had $26 in my bank account and 3 unpaid credit cards. I had to move home. I missed my friends, my family, my bed, but not my city.

Don't get my wrong. New York is great. Where else can you get a flaffel sandwich at 2 am and have it served to you by a man who says he'll read your palm for an extra 50 cents? Where on any given day you can walk down the street and find a movie being filmed, and where everyone around you is "proud to be a New Yorker."

I am a proud New Yorker. But my alligiance is starting to run low.

This blog is about the ridiciulous life of a New York City in her 20's. I am not looking for the ridiculousness. It comes with the territory.
because:
-Sex and the City comes to life af ter hours
-alcoholic drinks are really $14

...I have lived in upstate New York for four years, in a college town where the people move slower, talk slower, think slower. This was a place whose pace I complained about religiously

...and now, I think I might just miss it after all.

No comments: